Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Everyone Loves You

I recently went to a Chargers game with my girlfriends, amidst all the cheering and beer runs something stood out to me. There was a family in front of us. A young attractive mother and her adorable eight-year-old daughter were sitting in the seats in front of me. As the game went on the little girl stood on the seat of her chair yelling "Gooo Chaaaargers!" It was kinda cute and I didn't mind because I could still see over the top of her head. A couple times she would turn around and proudly announce "I'm a cheerleader." My friends and I just smiled to acknowledge her. Periodically her mother would lean over and say "you are sooo special" or "everyone loves you." When the Chargers Girls came out to preform during half time they did this sexy routine where they would bend over, flip their hair back, fall on the ground and throw their legs in the air, then the dad would say to the little girl "thats gonna be you someday." I chuckled to myself. The dad even asked us if "we've ever seen a prettier little girl in the whole world?" Meanwhile her two brothers seemed nearly nonexistent. This whole observation of family dynamics seemed so foreign to me. I was never groomed to be loud, sexy and ultra confident during my upbringing, but neither was I ignored for three hours at a time.  Oh well, to each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment